Visit these webpages to learn more about previous olympiads and also see previous problems in the contest.
* IOL 1 Borovetz, Bulgaria, 2003 – Official website
* IOL 2 Moscow, Russia, 2004 – Official website
* IOL 3 Leiden, 2005 – Official website
* IOL 4 Tartu, Estonia, 2006 – Official website
* IOL 5 St. Petersburg, Russia, 2007 – Official website
* IOL 6 Slanchev Bryag, Bulgaria, 2008 – Official website
* IOL 7 Wrocław, Poland, 2009 – Official website
IOL 5 (2007) was held in St. Petersburg, Russia. The five problems at the individual contest were in Braille, Movima, Georgian, Ndom, and correspondences between Turkish and Tatar. The team problem was in Hawaiian and focused on genealogical terms. Results are shown on the official web site.
IOL 6 (2008) was held in Slantchev Bryag, Bulgaria. The five individual problems were in Micmac, Old Norse poetry (specificially, drottkvætt), Drehu and Cemuhî correspondences, Copainalá Zoque, and Inuktitut. The team problem was about correspondences between Mandarin and Cantonese using the fanqie system.
IOL 7 (2009) was held in Wrocław, Poland, from July 26 to July 30. The subject matter of the five individual problems covered: numerals in the Sulka language, Maninka and Bamana languages in the N'Ko and latin scripts, traditional Burmese names and their relation with dates of birth, stress position in Old Indic and the relation between grammar and morphology in classical Nahuatl. The team problem was in Vietnamese.